LexCase’s teams have acquired extensive expertise in certain business sectors, in particular with regard to sector-specific practices and regulations.
Non-Profit Associations and Foundations
The Non-Profit Associations and Foundations Department has recognized expertise in legal, tax and employment matters for OSBLs (non-profit organizations) in every sector.
As such, LexCase assists its clients – associations (whether or not they have been recognized as being in the public interest), foundations and corporate foundations – in the following areas:
- Legal :
- Creation of an OSBL (association, endowment fund, foundation, corporate foundation)
- Recurring legal formalities
- Analysis and structuring of OSBL governance
- Assistance with financial transparency
- Restructuring (mergers, spinoff, partial contribution of assets, conversions into affiliates, liquidation, etc.)
- Legal audits
- Management of employer relations (employees, volunteers)
- Taxation :
- Business taxes for OSBLs
- Asset revenue taxation
- Conversion into affiliates and segmentation of profit-making activities
- Assistance with financing and subsidy management for OSBLs
- Taxation of sponsorships
LexCase also frequently offers training on these topics to members of associations, chartered accountants and statutory auditors.
Responsable(s) du Département Non-Profit Associations and Foundations