Corporate law / Mergers & acquisitions
The Corporate Law/Mergers & Acquisitions team provides legal support to your business as it grows for your day-to-day or complex operations, both nationally and internationally.
The Corporate Law/Mergers & Acquisitions Department offers consulting services for French and foreign businesses, including corporate groups, SME/SMIs, investment funds and listed companies, as well as their executives, achieving 360° strategic visibility.
Based on its lengthy experience in this field, the department is essentially specialized in two areas:
Mergers – Acquisitions – Sales/Transfers
- Acquisition and vendor audits, as well as due diligence, in coordination with the firm’s other departments
- Optimization of the takeover scheme, in collaboration with the Tax Department
- Assistance for external growth operations, fund raising, capital investment, capital development, and LBO/MBO, in particular: negotiation and preparation of the legal documents, management packages, etc.
- Drafting and negotiating of the partnership or shareholders’ agreement
- Restructuring your company and long-term financing operations, in particular mergers, spinoffs, partial contributions of assets and bond issues
- In collaboration with the Restructuring Department, support for your projects targeting a purchase of a business in difficulty or for turnaround capital
- Assistance to entrepreneurs in creating their business by helping define their project, providing tailored advisory services, sharing a high-level network, and specific pricing
- Assistance to CEOs, in collaboration with the Tax Department, with regard to asset management and succession planning
- Day-to-day legal services (approval of annual financial statements, amendments to bylaws, transformation of the legal form of the company, general meetings of shareholders, etc.)
- Organization of intra-group relations, in collaboration with the Tax and Employment Law Departments: service agreements, cash management agreements, etc.
- Complex capital issues
- Stock market regulations. The Firm has acquired specific expertise in litigation involving the laws applicable to stock markets before common law courts and the Enforcement Committee of the AMF (the French markets regulator).
LexCase also regularly organizes training on these topics on its LexFormation platform.