[IMMIGRATION] Covid-19: update of the conditions for entry into France Exemplaire
Covid-19: update of the conditions for entry into France
Vaccinated travelers have had their restrictions lifted regardless of their country of origin. Conditions have been tightened for non-vaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom and five European countries. And the list of territories classified as red zone now includes 27 countries, in addition to Guyana.
The decree n° 2021-699 of June 1, 2021 prescribing the general measures necessary for the management of the exit of sanitary crisis presents the conditions of entry on the territory according to the countries of origin, which are classified, in a decree of June 7, 2021, in three zones (green, orange and red) with regard to the importance of the circulation of the virus or its variants on their territory (Arr. June 7, 2021, NOR: SSAZ2117473A: JO, June 8).
Classification of countries by zones
The order of June 7, 2021 establishes three geographical zones identified by colors (green, orange and red). Depending on the country of origin, the entry conditions and sanitary requirements are different.
According to this order :
- The “green” zone, which covers countries and territories where the virus circulation is low, includes the European Union member states, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See, Switzerland, Albania, Australia, Bosnia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, the United States and Vanuatu;
- The “orange” zone, which covers countries and territories where the circulation of the virus is active but under control, includes all countries in the world, except those classified as green or red zones;
- The “red” zone, which covers countries and territories where virus circulation is particularly active, or where certain SARS-Cov-2 variants with increased transmissibility or immune escape risk are spreading, includes Afghanistan, South Africa, Argentina Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Tunisia, Uruguay, Zambia, and Guyana.
Movement regime for persons coming from a green zone
Persons 12 years of age or older coming from a country classified as a “green zone” must provide proof of :
- Either the result of an RT-PCR test or examination performed less than 72 hours before travel;
- Proof of their vaccination status;
- Or a certificate of recovery.
‘Tougher’ regime for non-vaccinated travelers from several European countries and the United Kingdom
The July 16, 2021 decree tightened entry requirements for non-vaccinated travelers from Cyprus, Spain, Greece, the Netherlands, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
These individuals are now required to present the results of Covid-19 screening or tests less than 24 hours old.
Travelling from an Orange Zone
Persons 12 years of age or older from a country classified as an “orange zone” must have proof of their vaccination status.
Those without such proof may travel only for compelling personal, family, emergency health or work-related reasons that cannot be postponed.
These persons must bring with them documents justifying their travel, as well as :
- The negative result of an RT-PCR screening test performed less than 72 hours prior to travel or the negative result of an antigen test performed less than 48 hours prior to travel;
- A declaration on their honor that they accept that a screening test or examination may be performed upon their arrival on the national territory and that they undertake to respect a prophylactic isolation of seven days after their arrival as well as to perform, at the end of this period, an RT-PCR screening examination.
These documents are not required for minors who do not have proof of their vaccination status and are accompanying an adult or adults who do.
Movement regime for people coming from a red zone
All persons 12 years of age or older coming from a country classified as a “red zone” must have proof of their vaccination status.
These persons must bring with them :
- Documents justifying the reason for their travel;
- The result of a screening test or examination performed less than 48 hours before the trip.
They must also present a declaration on their honor attesting to the fact that
- That they accept that a screening test or examination may be carried out on their arrival on the national territory;
- The place where they plan to carry out the mandatory ten-day quarantine (controlled by the police), as well as the minor(s) who accompany them, if applicable. If the place chosen is not provided by the administration, they must present any proof of address and accessibility for the control agents.
These documents are not required for minors who do not have proof of their vaccination status and are accompanying a person or persons of legal age who do.