Hubert MORTEMARD de BOISSE
In May 2009, I founded LexCase and am its Managing Partner today. I am responsible for the Commercial Litigation Department, the Competition Law Department and sector-specific regulations.
In short, I started my legal career in 1999 at the SG Archibald (Andersen Legal) firm within the Competition Law team before joining Bird & Bird in May 2001, where I became a partner in 2008. In May 2009, I decided to create LexCase. In my former firms, I specialized in matters covering all of the aspects of the liberalization of regulated sectors, as well as competition law, sector-specific regulations and litigation.
As such, I acquired solid experience in litigation both as counsel and as a litigator.
In collaboration with a team of four in both Paris and Lyon, I assist major groups, as well as regional and national SMEs, in particular in the field of regulated sectors (notably telecommunications, energy, public transportation and banking), on all issues involving commercial law, business law and competition law, both as counsel and as a litigator, before the commercial courts, independent administrative authorities and competition authorities.
I am also specialized in the specific regulations governing these sectors (specific regulations, and litigation before the administrative authorities such as the ARCEP, the French postal and electronic communications authority; the CRE, the French regulatory energy commission; the ARAF, the French railway authority; and the AMF, the French markets regulator), as well as appeals of their decisions. Finally, my expertise is recognized in the field of compensation actions for unfair competition practices.
Since 2012, I have been on the international list of Best Lawyers in France, in the Antitrust and Business Law categories.
I am passionate about solidarity issues and the future of the profession, and have dedicated time to Law Society matters. In November 2017, I was elected to serve in the Law Society for three years.
- 2018: Elected member of the Council of the Law Society of Lyon (2018-2020)
- 2009: LexCase – Founding Partner (Paris/Lyon), then Managing Partner
- 2006: Bird & Bird/Commercial Law and Business Law – a Partner since 2008 (Lyon office)
- 2001: Bird & Bird/Competition Law and Telecommunications Law – Associate (Paris office)
- 1999: SG Archibald (Andersen Legal)/Business Law and Commercial Law – Associate
- CAPA (lawyer’s certification) – Called to the Bar in 1999
- D.E.S.S. (specialized master degree) in Business Law and Taxation, Université Lyon III
- DJCE (business law diploma), Université Lyon III
- Magister degree (three year specialized course) in Business Law and Taxation, Université Lyon III